Claiborne County Bank was organized on October 10, 1899, with Capital Stock of $10,000. The bank was located on the corner across the street from Tazewell Baptist Church.
On May 15, 1905, a National Charter was issued to Claiborne National Bank.
In July 1919, the Foley property located on Main Street in Tazewell was purchased for $4,000.00 by the Bank.
On October 23, 1919, the Bank was chartered as Claiborne County Bank.
The Great Depression lasted from 1929 to 1939 and was the worst economic downturn in the history of the industrialized world.
On January 2, 1968, the Bank moved to its new location on Highway 25E – where it remains today.
1780 North Broad Street, Tazewell, TN 37879
301 North Broad Street, New Tazewell, TN 37825
6946 Cumberland Gap Pkwy, Harrogate, TN 37752
On February 10, 1988, the State approved a change in name from Claiborne County Bank to First Claiborne Bank.
2969 Maynardville Hwy, Maynardville, TN 37807
1479 E. Main Street, Sneedville, TN 37869
600 E. Emory Road, Powell, TN 37849
On May 17, 1999, the Board of Directors approved to change the name of First Claiborne Bank to First Century Bank.
Office Closed in January of 2016.
The Great Recession began in December 2007 and ended in June 2009, which makes it the longest recession since World War II.
1522 W Broadway Ave, Maryville, TN 37801
625 Market Street, Knoxville, TN 37902